During the month of December, the rate of burglaries increases by up to 18 percent compared to other months. From porch package poachers to robbers who break into your home, the holiday season presents a plethora of opportunities for criminals to steal from you, along with damaging your property.
This is especially true for families who travel during the holidays. People lock up their homes and head out to enjoy the winter festivities with their loved ones. Burglars see this as an opportunity to break into your house and steal as much as they can without being detected. That’s why many families hire us for home surveillance in Albuquerque, NM during the holiday season.
Protecting your home during the holiday season
Along with hiring one of the many qualified home surveillance companies in Albuquerque, NM, there’s other preventative measures you can take to secure your home before you leave for a holiday vacation:
- Cover your windows: When it’s easy for criminals to inspect the inside of your home by merely staring into uncovered windows, they’re more likely to find ways to access the interior of your property. Before you head out for your holiday travels, close any curtains, blinds or shutters to limit how much a person can see from the outside.
- Safely store your valuables: While larger items like televisions or desktop computers don’t easily fit in pockets, a criminal can easily take smaller pieces like jewelry and silverware from empty homes without looking suspicious to the untrained eye. Store any items like this somewhere secure, ideally a safe. If you don’t have a safe in your home, hide small valuables in places where criminals wouldn’t think to look.
- Put your lights on timers: Lights on timers give the appearance that you’re home even when you’re hundreds of miles away. Robbing an empty house is much easier than trying to steal from a home with people inside. Make sure your lights are on during the evenings and early mornings to deter criminals from trespassing on your property and attempting to break into your home. Don’t forget to put timers on exterior lights, too.
- Ship packages elsewhere: If you know you’re not going to be home, have the post office hold your mail until you return. As for packages arriving from UPS or FedEx, ask friends and family members to ship gifts elsewhere so someone can collect them before a porch poacher takes them. There are dozens of mail stores in the area where you can have your packages forwarded while you’re out of town.
- Hire a response team: Families that invest in home surveillance in Albuquerque, NM rest easy knowing their houses and valuables remain untouched while away on vacation. A rapid response team provides service 24 hours a day and responds to alerts as quickly as possible.
Want to learn more about how home surveillance companies in Albuquerque, NM can affordably protect your property whether you’re in town or on a trip? Contact Advance On-Site Protection Security now to discuss our reasonable rates and reliable surveillance services.
Categorised in: Home Surveillance
This post was written by Writer